British Masters Cycle Racing: easily the best choice for cyclists who’ve reached 40 years of age.
- Run by cyclists for cyclists
- Cycle racing for men and women over 40 years of age
- 5-year age bands mean enjoyable competition at your own level of fitness
- Annual subscription only £28 (join after 1st September for extended membership to the end of the following year)
- Typical race entry fee: £15 – £20
- UK-wide race programme throughout the season
- Annual online race calendar
- Events of all kinds: road, time-trial, track, cross
- National Road Race, Criterium, Time Trial, Track and Cyclo-Cross Championships
- National season-long points road-race competition
- Organised entry to World Championships if required
- Regionally-based democratic organisation – you can have an influence
BMCR age categories for men are designated as follows: A, 40-44; B, 45-49; C, 50-54; D, 55-59; E, 60-64; F, 65-69; G, 70-74;H,75-79: I,80-84, J,85-89; K,90-94: L,95-99.
BMCR age categories for women are designated as follows: C, 40-44; D, 45-49; E, 50-54; F, 55-59; G, 60-64; H, 65-69; I, 70-74;J,75-79: K,80-84, L,85-89; M,90-94: N,95-99.
Members will change category on the 1st January in the year of their appropriate birthday. (e.g. if a man is 50 on 10th June 2020, he will be a C category from 1st January 2020).
How to join BMCR
We have partnered with Rider HQ to process our membership for the whole organisation. This can be accessed by clicking one of the buttons below
Full Membership – Gives you a Racing Licence/Membership card and allows entry to all BMCR races for the calendar year (plus the following year if taken out after 1st September). Cost £28 for 2023.
Full Membership (opens in new tab)
Temporary Membership – Gives the opportunity to try out one BMCR race without committing to full membership. Gives you membership for 6 weeks and allows entry to one BMCR race during that period – excluding National Championships and the national Percy Stallard series events. Includes insurance but no licence card. Cost £10, but if you subsequently decide to take out Full Membership that will be discounted by £10.
Temporary Membership (opens in new tab)