British Masters Cycle Racing: easily the best choice for cyclists who’ve reached 40 years of age.
- Run by cyclists for cyclists
- Cycle racing for men and women over 40 years of age
- 5-year age bands mean enjoyable competition at your own level of fitness
- Annual subscription only £28
- Join after 1st September for extended membership to the end of the following year
- Typical race entry fee: £10 – £35+
- The best third-party public liability insurance you can get
- UK-wide race programme throughout the season
- Annual handbook and race calendar
- Events of all kinds: road, time-trial, track, cross
- National Road Race, Criterium, Time Trial, Track and Cyclo-Cross Championships
- National season-long points road-race competition
- Organised entry to World Championships if required
- Regionally-based democratic organisation – you can have an influence
BMCR age categories for men are designated as follows: A, 40-44; B, 45-49; C, 50-54; D, 55-59; E, 60-64; F, 65-69; G, 70-74;H,75-79: I,80-84, J,85-89; K,90-94: L,95-99.
BMCR age categories for women are designated as follows: C, 40-44; D, 45-49; E, 50-54; F, 55-59; G, 60-64; H, 65-69; I, 70-74;J,75-79: K,80-84, L,85-89; M,90-94: N,95-99.
Members will change category on the 1st January in the year of their appropriate birthday.
(e.g. if a man is 50 on 10th June 2020, he will be a C category from 1st January 2020).
How to join BMCR
We have partnered with Rider HQ to process our membership for the whole organisation. This can be accessed by clicking the button below https://www.riderhq.com/groups/bmcr/0/join