We have 13 events lined up for next year. The points allocation will remain the same – 15 points for a win down to 3 points for 10th in each Age Category, and the best 8 results will count towards the overall. As before, there must be a minimum of 5 results to qualify for an overall award, two of which must be Road results. .
The standard BMCR revised, and simplified, age-change system will be adopted for the Series. This now means that all competitors will retain the age they started the year with, throughout that year.
A vote of thanks to our regular promoters for your support.
We also have two new promotions – our new co-sponsor Eddie Bell will promote on the Ninfield course in East Sussex in August, and Trevor Bradbury will promote on a circuit in Oxfordshire in July. The San Fairy Ann crits at the Gravesend Cyclopark in March will offer an early opportunity to gain some points.
Additionally, Olly MacPherson and Kingsnorth International will be putting on a 2-day at the Fowlmead circuit on the Kent coast in May. Thankfully, he is not put off by the dismal entry this year – especially you younger guys – and that the prospect of a 2-day will hopefully encourage more to enter. My understanding is that the larger circuit will be used, and that there will be a prologue time trial + 2 stages. There will be double points available for the GC result only – not for any individual stage. This format was run successfully in the recent past, and there was a large entry – so how about making the effort this time! .
2020 Series calendar below:-
- March 7th – San Fairy Ann crits – Gravesend Cyclopark
- April 26th – Finchley RT – Road – Blackmore, Essex
- May 17th – GS Vecchi – Dunsfold Airfield
- May 23/24 – Kingsnorth International 2-day – Fowlmead, Kent
- June 7th – Hoggenberg & Eddie Cook Memorial – Hog Hill
- June 14th – San Fairy Ann – Road – Ladies Mile, East Sussex
- June 28th – In Gear – Road, South Chailey, East Sussex July 5th – Eagle RC – Olympic Velopark – incorporating Region 9 crit champs
- July 19th – Python RT – Dalton Barracks – Abingdon, Oxfordshire July 26th – Southend Over the Hill – Hog Hill
- August 2nd – Verulam Really Moving – Hog Hill
- August 16th – Beachey Head CC – Road – Ninfield, East Sussex
- August 30th – Dulwich Paragon finale – Road – Bletchingley, Surrey
- Other dates for your diary:- Dulwich Paragon promotions – Saturday June 20th – Herne Hill velodrome crits Tuesday August 25th – Crystal Palace Park crits
Tom McCall – Series Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org